Champagne Louis Roederer was established in 1776 and remains under the ownership of the Rouzaud family to this day. With over 240 hectares of vineyards located exclusively in Grands and Premiers Crus villages, Champagne Louis Roederer is self-sufficient for approximately 70% of their non vintage production and 100% of their vintage champagnes.
The current CEO is Frédéric Rouzaud, 7thgeneration of the Roederer family. Jean-Baptiste Lécaillon, Chef de Cave since 1999, was appointed Executive Vice President in 2006.
Since 2000, the house has been conducting trials with organic and biodynamic viticulture across 82 hectares and currently has the largest landholding of such vineyards in the region. The intention is not to gain biodynamic certification but rather to enhance the experimental approach of the house with the aim of continuously striving to improve the overall quality.